Ive been super busy at work lately with Corporate plan budgets due not in the too distant future…. around about the same time my baby is due haha. Ive been trying to get as much work as I can done before I say goodbye to the corporate world for a year.
I finished work and got home with a bit more to do. Despite being tired, I still wanted something quick and healthy for dinner. I was able to prepare this meal whilst my husband was at the gym and while I finished off some work.
This recipe serves 2.
- 2 pieces of salmon – I just happened to buy skinless, but this would be delicious with crispy skin
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 brocoli
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- Peel you sweet potato and cut into small cubes for fast coking
- Cover with cold water and put on the stove to boil
- This usually takes about 20 mins
- Cut up your broccoli and put it into a steam basket/pot that will go on top of the sweet potato
- At this point I went and did some work
- Once the sweet potato is almost cooked, put the broccoli on top of the boiling water and cover to let it steam
- Heat a non stick fry pan on medium
- Add a tablespoon of butter and ensure the base of pan is coated so salmon doesn’t stick
- Season salmon with salt and pepper
- Place in the pan and cook until you see the colour changing in the salmon about half way up
- Flip the salmon and cook for another 2-3 minutes depending on how well you like it done
- Turn off the pan and let the salmon rest whilst you strain the sweet potato and broccoli
- Season the sweet potato and add about a tablespoon of butter, mash as smoothly or leave chunky
- Cut the face off the lime and place a lime cheek on eat plate
- ENJOY !
My husband had his salmon with the lime squeezed over the broccoli and fish as well as a mix of greek yoghurt and sweet chilli as a chill mayo style dipper for the salmon.
Easy, healthy and good for the baby !